Chapters are written via well-known specialists, protecting components akin to the elemental technology of dependancy medication; analysis, evaluation and early intervention; pharmacologic and behavioral interventions; mutual aid and twelve-step; and co-occurring dependancy, scientific and psychiatric disorders—backed by way of the most recent study information and profitable therapy methods.
- Numerous figures, tables and diagrams elucidate the text
- Chapters contain case examples
- List of knowledge learn studies supplied at finish of every chapter
- NEW fabric on Prescription Drug Abuse, membership medicinal drugs, Nursing Roles in Addressing habit, Conceptual and therapy concerns in Behavioral Addictions, Rehabilitation ways to discomfort administration, Comorbid discomfort and dependancy, Pharmacotherapy for young people with Substance Use issues, combating and Treating Substance Use issues in army team of workers, and more.
Now with the print variation, benefit from the bundled interactive e-book variation, supplying capsule, cellphone, or on-line entry to:
- Complete content material with stronger navigation
- A robust seek characteristic pulls effects out of your notes, every thing within the ebook, or even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and extra for simple navigation
- Ability to spotlight textual content for simpler reference of key content
- Ability to percentage notes with associates and colleagues
- Ability to avoid wasting your favourite content material for destiny, quickly reference
- Interactive query financial institution with greater than three hundred questions
Read or Download The ASAM Principles of Addiction Medicine PDF
Similar Addiction Recovery books
The Addict opens a window at the very inner most international of prescription drug habit, revealing the harrowing tale of a tender lady whose existence has been taken over by way of a necessity she cannot extinguish. Lucy's first appointment with Dr. Michael Stein on a sunny April day begun a yearlong sequence of encounters that took her again to the origins of her habit and unraveled a existence pushed through compulsion and the consistent pursuit of the subsequent capsule.
Inspiring precise tales of restoration from the high-pressure international of commercial They reached the head in their careers in spite of-or occasionally simply because of-substance abuse. They struggled with sobriety whereas striving for achievement, frequently risking their expert lives at the street to restoration. Now, with honesty, braveness, and perception, they proportion their extraordinary tales.
Staying sober is a regular fight for plenty of males residing in Mexico urban, one of many world's biggest, grittiest city facilities. during this enticing examine, Stanley Brandes makes a speciality of a typical healing reaction to alcoholism, Alcoholics nameless (A. A. ), which boasts a major following all through Mexico and lots more and plenty of Latin the US.
This can be a 3-in-1 reference ebook. It provides a whole scientific dictionary overlaying enormous quantities of phrases and expressions in relation to nicotine withdrawal. It additionally supplies broad lists of bibliographic citations. ultimately, it offers details to clients on tips on how to replace their wisdom utilizing a number of net assets.
Additional info for The ASAM Principles of Addiction Medicine